.dc Trimble Traverse Adjustment Help - How To

Discussion of STAR*NET related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

.dc Trimble Traverse Adjustment Help - How To

Postby StewardSouten » Wed May 03, 2017 2:31 pm

Hello All

I'm Steward. I should start by saying that I am completely new to surveying and network adjustments, so my apologies if I am asking stupid and obvious questions.

I am trying to use StarNet to adjust a 3D traverse and I was hoping someone could shed some light on how I could do this.

The traverse data was collected a while ago in a local car park and has no value other then to see is if I can adjust the network.

The data that was collected was a round of angles between 3 nails in the ground roughly 100m apart in a triangular position called Station A, B C. Station C is fixed and has co-ordinates of 1000,2000,3000, stations A and C are free to adjust.

The traverse data was given to me in a .dc file and I have been able to use the utility in StarNet to convert it into a .dat file.

The problem is that I am not even certain that I am importing the .dc file correctly and more importantly I am not certain how to sort the data so that StarNet knows that I am adjusting a traverse.

Is there any videos showing the process of importing a .dc file into star net and processing it for 3D network adjustments?

Can someone shed any light?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, I am pulling out what little hair I have left.

I cannot attach my .dc or the .dat file but I can email you the .dc file if you want.

Thank you.

I am currently using the 10 day trial version of StarNet V8.
StewardSouten

Re: .dc Trimble Traverse Adjustment Help - How To

Postby azBUNza » Fri May 05, 2017 2:30 pm

Hi Steward

Can you upload this file to 4shared or dropbox or a similar cloud hosting service and ill look into it for you
azBUNza

Re: .dc Trimble Traverse Adjustment Help - How To

Postby StewardSouten » Fri May 05, 2017 3:07 pm

Hi Azbunza

So you have an email address, mine is [email protected].

I can email you the .dc file.
StewardSouten

Return to STAR*NET