Re-scale the Survey Data

Discussion of MicroSurvey embeddedCAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Re-scale the Survey Data

Postby Adibro » Fri May 31, 2013 11:48 am

After a day of field work i like to move those points onto a new layer specific to that day using Change Selection Layer in the Active Coordinate Editor. If I re-scale the drawing these points always seem to go back to the default MS Point, Elevation, Description, Pointnumber layers. Is there any way to prevent this?
Thank you
Adibro

Re: Re-scale the Survey Data

Postby TentMonster » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:05 am

The only way that I know of, to permanently control the layering of points is to use the AutoMAP routine. Unfortunately it is based upon the description of the point so if you use the same descriptions on two different days, it treats them the same and assigns them to the same layer. I do not know of a permanent method of sorting data based upon the day, unless you had some sort of prefix on each days work, and had each of those unique descriptions setup in AutoMAP. You can setup the first original set of descriptions and then copy and modify them to change the prefix.

MBAR
TBAR
WBAR

For Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday with the primary description being BAR. Then in AutoMAP you could have the printed description set to just say BAR. It is a alot of extra codes but it could work.
You could use 1,2,3 instead of M,T,W, or any other prefix you desire.

Good Luck,
Glen
TentMonster

Return to embeddedCAD