scale factors

Discussion of MicroSurvey embeddedCAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

scale factors

Postby akoehler » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:18 pm

Hello,

so with the new requirements for data submission to the land title office due to ParcelMapBC we require data submissions to be in grid. I am using a CSF and its inverse together with the input and output SFs to deal with my survey data. I noticed that when draw lines, do offsets, lengthen lines, etc. it is using the distances as GND not GRID as it is within the cogo function. Is there a way to set a SF to be applied to linework entries?
I cogo'd a large railway plan that is based on centerline dimensions on the plan and shows 50' either side of centerline for its width. If I just offset lines it gives me the GND distance, not the GRID distance, which is what the rest of the plan was cogo'd in. Is there a way to add the SF to the linework entries? instead of having to multiply each plan GND distance by the SF before entry? Thanks.
Albert Koehler
Land Surveyor in Training, GET
Prince George, BC.
akoehler

Re: scale factors

Postby Brian Sloman » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:51 am

Hi Albert,

With MicroSurvey CAD you can apply the drawing's Input Scale Factor to your entered distance at (almost) any distance prompt such as in the LINE or OFFSET commands by appending an "s" for scale, like "100s".
Unfortunately, this ability is not available with MicroSurvey embeddedCAD or MicroSurvey inCAD, as its implementation required that we modify the underlying CAD engine.
Brian Sloman
Development Manager
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Return to embeddedCAD