Here are some comments and questions:
• Once you choose ATR the FG will change it to lock mode?...like when search is preformed.Jason - In FieldGenius once you turn ATR on it is on until you either turn it off, or you press the lock icon. Pressing the lock button assumes you are done with ATR and want to search and lock on a prism. What would you like to see happen or how would you like this to work?
• When using lock you should be able to pause lock while staking point. So that you can lay down the prism pole, hammer in your nail or stake then pick up pole and resume…or if you know a vehicle is going to block your shot you can pause lock till it passes.Jason - You can pause the lock by tapping the Lock button once.
• Multi sets routine has NO AUTOMAION WHAT SO EVER. With Leica and Trimble software you just tell it that you want 5 different prisms shot in with 5 repetitions on both faces and then just walk away for half hour while it preforms all shots. Jason - Agreed, this would be a nice feature to eventually add. We suggest adding your feature request to our feedback forum for FieldGenius.
• A two face measurement button would be very nice…instead of going into the multi sets all the time just for one shot.Jason - Agreed, this would be a nice feature to eventually add. We suggest adding your feature request to our feedback forum for FieldGenius.
• A two face stake button would be nice also for doing precise elevation staking as in industrial steel work situations.Jason - Agreed, this would be a nice feature to eventually add. We suggest adding your feature request to our feedback forum for FieldGenius.
• 3D positon button for staking out would be very nice…this way you can see if anything is in the way before hand and help guide the guy on the rod.Jason - You can enable this by turning off "Robotic Staking" in the stake settings dialog.
• When you check BS. The routine tells you that you have an instrument that can position and preform this task by itself….no shit…just meas BS and give me values…Also the routine is not smart enough to know what the height of the BS is.Jason - We'll work on this soon.
• When filling fields for instrument, height , etc... If you leave this page and go back it deletes the values you just put in….frustrating.Jason - Ok
• Connecting to leica Bluetooth…most times takes a few tries as it times out. Also…you can loose lock from 3 feet away and loose all data and have to start over.Jason - as you can imagine there are numerous devices and instrument out there in use. What are you using?
• When a vehicle crosses line of site while measuring, in gives error message...with leica it can recognize that the line of site is clear again and resume measurement.Jason - Agreed, this would be a nice feature to eventually add. We suggest adding your feature request to our feedback forum for FieldGenius.
• You should be able to choose different user buttons across the top of screen.Jason - Agreed, this would be a nice feature to eventually add. We suggest adding your feature request to our feedback forum for FieldGenius.
• Battery display is no good…have to exit out to windows and check.Jason - Which data collector are you using? All our Windows Mobile builds show a battery icon across the top in the main menu.
• After half hour on one multi set I could not store the point….had to re-due. I think it was because of low battery, but now warnging was given.Jason - We never get any reports of not being able to store a multiset. Let us know if you can reproduce the problem.
• Sometimes the connect button shows disconnected when in fact you are connected.Jason - Not sure why that is happening. Might be related to the Bluetooth issues you are having.
• Can’t change point numbers of stored points. Why?Jason - To prevent users from accidentally changing measured points we protect them. We control this by using a survey role and all measured points are non editable except for the description. You can however overide this by changing the points surveyrole from "measured" to "user defined".
• Be nice to see a display screen that just shows angle, dist, coordinates etc. I know you can take a shot then click info and expand and then read the small print, but jeez.Jason - Already implemented? It's called the observation toolbar and is available on the top toolbar, second button from the left.