[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MicroSurvey Software Inc. • View topic - NK.Bin not found on system socket

NK.Bin not found on system socket

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

NK.Bin not found on system socket

Postby lk2064 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:23 am

I'm having a problem with my Tracker, i tried to run FG a couple times and i got an error saying that FG is not a Windows CE application so i tried rebooting and it doesn't seem to want to reboot, when i try rebooting it says (no nk.bin found on system socket) is there a way i can get the nk.bin back in my system so it will start up again.
lk2064

Postby Darcy Detlor » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:17 am

If the nk.bin file is missing, then there is no operating system to restore.

Unfortunately this poorly labeled file ( Microsoft should have called it 'operating system - do not erase.bin' ) can be accidentally erased.

We may be able to reload the operating system here in our office, although we have not attempted to do this with a blank Tracker. There may be other options depending upon the serial number of your unit. Please contact our technical support dept and talk to Brian Sloman.

Don't ask me how I know about erasing the nk.bin file. :oops:

Five years ago we were new with Windows CE too.
Darcy Detlor,
President,
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
darcy.detlor@microsurvey.com
Darcy Detlor
Site Admin

Postby lk2064 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:54 pm

i got the problem resolved, i found a post on the Alegro data collectors running windows CE,with the same problem and it said to hold on/off and shift button at the same time and that would do a system restore and sure enough it worked, so that kills the theory of not being able to restore the system if the nk.bin file is missing. Anyway i thought i better post this in case anybody has this problem in the future. Just hold on/off and shift for a couple seconds
lk2064

Postby Darcy Detlor » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:14 pm

Holding down the power button on the Tracker for more than 5 seconds forces it to do a hard reset, which causes it to reload the operating system.

I was under the impression that you had already done this.

I'm glad to hear that you got it going. I guess I found a more "permanent" way of removing the nk.bin file... :?
Darcy Detlor,
President,
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
darcy.detlor@microsurvey.com
Darcy Detlor
Site Admin

Postby lk2064 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:14 pm

lk2064

Postby lk2064 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:37 pm

lk2064

Postby Darcy Detlor » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:43 pm

Darcy Detlor,