Sokkia Instrument Set 230RM "Remotocatcher"

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Sokkia Instrument Set 230RM "Remotocatcher"

Postby Jason Skarda » Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:00 pm

Hello,

Could you please let me know how well field genius works with the "Remotocatcher" Instrument from Sokkia? I just had a demo of it and it really seems to be a great instrument. Thanks... :)

Jason
Jason Skarda

Remotocatcher...anyone...anyone....Beuller...Beuller...

Postby Jason Skarda » Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:50 am

I know you guys are really busy, but when you get a chance please respond to the above post. This question has been asked a couple of times.

Thanks,

Jason
Jason Skarda

Postby Glen Cameron » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:38 am

Sorry for the delay in responding. We have not had one of those units in our hands to be able to run tests with it. So the drivers have not been written to work with the unit and the existing drivers in FG will probably not work at present time.

We are working at getting this, and other units, in for us to test and write the drivers for, but no time frames can be set or confirmed right now.

Cheers,
Last edited by Glen Cameron on Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Darcy

Postby CHRIS L » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:41 am

I'm surprized with your joint venture with Sokkia on the forensic software that they have not offered to sent you one to get FG up and running on. I know the state police here were very impressed when we did a accident site with GPS...upon further discusion with the officer who did the original topo of the scene with a standard total station...we chated about Robotics and he was very interested in that as well except for the cost of a 100% robotic instrument....From what I have heard, the Sokkia gun is around 10k less than a full robotic and I could see that kind of instrument working for the police bugdets alittle better. We chatted on the saftey side of a Robotic since one officer can collect data and the other office can watch traffic.
Now they use 3-4 officers there for safety reasons....Robotics would cut that down to atleast 3...if not 2.....
CHRIS L

Postby Jason Poitras » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:18 am

We get very little request to support this instrument which is why we haven't made it a priority to build a driver for it yet.

This instrument is on our instrument driver wish list. If we get more people asking for it, then we can consider building a driver for it.
Jason Poitras
General Manager
[email protected]
Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Postby jasonskarda » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:29 pm

Yeah, I was really disappointed when I heard that you guys don't support it yet. I was planning on buying the desktop and field software this by early to late March, but since I found that out I will have to go with Carlson Software. :^( Oh, well...Great product anyways Microsurvey.

Jason
jasonskarda

Postby Brian Sloman » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:57 pm

We just confirmed that FieldGenius will work with the Sokkia Remotocatcher by using the Sokkia "Set Advanced" driver. You will need to increase the timeout value (in the EDM Settings screen) from the default of 10 seconds to 20 seconds.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Return to FieldGenius