Tracker Screen lock up

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Tracker Screen lock up

Postby ryabik » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:07 am

My Tracker screen is locked up with an hour glass in the middle. I removed battery, loader comes up for version 0.9.7 JETT.ce than it goes back to screen with hour glass in the middle. Whats going on?

Richard
ryabik

Fix to problem.

Postby ryabik » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:06 pm

I fixed my own problem. The system was finally able to reboot after I left the battery out for about 15 minutes. Apparantly, taking the battery out for a minute at a time was not enough time to clear memory for a clean reboot.

Richard
ryabik

Postby Brian Sloman » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:25 am

Yes, pulling the battery for longer lets the registry completely reset, which does not happen with a normal hard reset. You can also force the registry to reset, by holding down power for 10 seconds (same as the hard reset), then press power to turn it back on, and IMMEDIATELY press and hold down the A and I keys as the white bootup screen comes up. You should see a message "Invalidating Persistent Registry". If this message doesn't come up, then just try it again, the timing can be kind of tricky to get right.

Depending on how old your Tracker is, you may be able to download an update to the operating system which will fix the hourglass freeze when booting up. The serial number on the back of the Tracker must be HH268673 or higher. Please see the "Tracker OS Update" section on our downloads page, http://www.microsurvey.com/support/fieldgenius/downloads.htm
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Return to FieldGenius