dual use tracker

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

dual use tracker

Postby dennis_mckenney » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:48 pm

I am going to upgrade my equipment soon to a reflectorless total station and a data collector. I'm leaning toward the Tracker with Field Genius but am wondering if it could serve the dual purpose of serving as a data collector running Trimble software when I upgrade my ProXR to the latest model. Hardware requirements for the gps receiver and Field Genius seem to be the same; is there any reason why I shouldn't use the same data collector with two different pieces of equipment?

Dennis
dennis_mckenney

Postby Brian Sloman » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:39 pm

As long as the receiver can output a NMEA format then you should be able to connect FieldGenius to it and not need the Trimble software. I don't know if the Trimble software can run on the Tracker. You don't need to have a separate data collector for your GPS and Total Station.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Postby Brian Sloman » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:52 pm

I just found an old (from 2001) website where someone said there is no way to turn on/off the ProXR besides through the Trimble software, is this still true? The unit would have to be turned on and exporting the NMEA string in order for FieldGenius to connect with it.
http://www.bluemarblegeo.com/products/geotrack.php?op=forum_msg&msg_id=666
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Return to FieldGenius