TIME DIFFERENCES

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

TIME DIFFERENCES

Postby Richard Sands » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:46 pm

My Tracker and PC and Laptop differ in time by about 15 seconds and are in same time zone but MS Transfer always says there's more than two minutes difference between the times on individual machines. I'm not aware of any consequences but curious why the prompt should appear.
regards, Richard
Richard Sands

Postby Jason Poitras » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:53 pm

Hi Richard,

Make sure the data collector and computer are set to the same time zones, and also ensure that you have the correct "Daylight Savings" options set on both devices.
Jason Poitras
General Manager
[email protected]
Jason Poitras
Site Admin

TIME DIFFS

Postby Richard Sands » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:36 pm

I checked the time settings and all are same - time zone, daylight saving, and the times are identical to 1 second. I told my laptop to update its time via internet then synch'd Tracker time.
I also checked the regional settings, all Aussie english etc, just in case that made some difference.
I still get same message. Ignoring it doesn't appear to have any consequences, but still mystified.
regards, Richard
Richard Sands

Postby Jason Poitras » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:50 am

That's interesting. I can't think or any reason why this wouldn't be working in your part of the world.

As you have already found out, this is a warning message only. You can still transfer projects back and forth.

I would submit a support ticket and have one of the support guys give this a try on one of their data collectors. Make sure to tell them what time zone you are using.
Jason Poitras
General Manager
[email protected]
Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Return to FieldGenius