FIELD BAGS FOR TRACKER

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

FIELD BAGS FOR TRACKER

Postby Richard Sands » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:26 pm

Haven't been able to find a field bag that would easily handle a Tracker (has that disappeared from Microsurvey - replaced by Allegro?) for use in the field. What are others using and how have you found them?
Its quite a handfull to carry around the bush with a total station.
regards
Richard
Richard Sands

Postby hwchaffee » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:01 am

Put the tracker in a trash bag and get the Allegro CX!

If you must keep the tracker, Two Technologies, Inc. has a soft sided carrying case. http://www.2t.com/jettxl-access.htm
hwchaffee

Postby CHRIS L » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:20 am

Whats wrong with the Tracker......The allegro is top of the line and cost a lot more.....well it did when we got our two years ago...

We use our Tracker day in day out.....and....knock on wood....have had no issue with it.

Our allegro cx gets used for robotic jobs and thats about it.....

Its like comparing a Cadillac to a Ford Focus.....Both will get the job done..one just does it a little nicer.....but they both get it done.

Anyways.....Like said above.....Two technologies sells bags for it I believe

Chris
CHRIS L

FIELD BAG

Postby Richard Sands » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:03 pm

Thanks, I'll check out. Do they (two technologies) answer you - I tried a while back and got no response).
Put the tracker in a trash bag and get the Allegro CX! Thats 'comforting words' - just bought it - and used it on about 3 jobs!!
Whats the issues with Tracker? Better to know before rather than later what I should have done to prevent something. (I have been wondering why it disappeared from this site). Or is it just that its not so well spec'd?

regards, Richard
Richard Sands

Postby rgreen00 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:51 pm

I have been using the Tracker for a couple of years, with no issues except a key has come off twice...no big problem...under warranty..

The black softside case that you can order is not really all that handy, especially in cold weather...the plastic view window really makes the glare terrible, and the plastic window gets stiff in the cold, making the touchscreen hard to manipulate...

I bought a 12" tool bag from Sears....carries the tracker, toilet paper and extra batteries with no problem...use either hand handles or a shoulder strap.... works good...

Randy Green
rgreen00

Postby hwchaffee » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:42 pm

The biggest problem with the tracker is low battery life. After a couple of hours in cold weather the low battery light comes on. After 4 to 6 hours the battery is dead. I have tried new batteries, I have sent the unit back to Two Tech 3 times, the third time they gave me a new tracker, and every time I got the unit back I still had the exact same problem! I have wasted too much time trying to make a "lower cost" unit work.
hwchaffee

Re: FIELD BAGS FOR TRACKER

Postby wflux » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:43 am

Hi Richard
writing from Canada. Are you still looking for a case for your tracker? I have a factory case that I can send you a picture of if you are interested. You can have it free if you think it will do the job.
Walt
Columbia Tech Services.

Richard Sands wrote:Haven't been able to find a field bag that would easily handle a Tracker (has that disappeared from Microsurvey - replaced by Allegro?) for use in the field. What are others using and how have you found them?
Its quite a handfull to carry around the bush with a total station.
regards
Richard
wflux

TRACKER BAG

Postby Richard Sands » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:09 pm

Thanks Walt. I'm in the process of getting a custom leather bag made.
I hadn't realised how hard it is to get something that I would have thought so basic a thing. The hard plastic carry case is brilliant for transport but not so when lugging gear about outdoors unless one has a heap of lackies to act as porters.
thanks for offer, regards Richard
Richard Sands

Return to FieldGenius