Inputing XML with a Station Equation

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Inputing XML with a Station Equation

Postby SurveyorTim » Tue May 27, 2008 9:10 am

Exported an XML to the tracker that had a station equation in it. In the tracker you can see the station equation in the data but it does not take it into account in the alignment. Is a toggle or fix for this?
SurveyorTim

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue May 27, 2008 11:15 am

Unfortunately, at this point in time, FieldGenius does not support Field Equations. It is on the development wish list, but I have not heard of a time frame that it will be worked on or added to the product, as yet.

The only work around would be a manual one, either mentally doing the chainage adjustments or splitting the alignment into two and start the second alignment with the station equation already taken into consideration. Neither solution is ideal or easy but that is all we can currently suggest until the option is built into the program. MicroSurvey CAD has the same limitations.

If you wouldn't mind sending us the sample XML file that you used, it would give us more to work with when the programmers do dig into this topic area. If you wish to send it to us, you can use my email address of [email protected] and I will be sure to get it to the correct staff!

Thank You,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to FieldGenius