dxf curves import at wrong location???

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

dxf curves import at wrong location???

Postby fillupc » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:28 am

Using the latest version of Fieldgenius, my dxf files that contain curves do not import correctly. Straight lines are in the correct locations, but all of the curves show up miles away.
fillupc

Postby Glen Cameron » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:58 am

We have seen this issue and have documented it as a bug for the programmers. Once they have it fixed, we will issue a new version or patch.
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

center coordinates dxf arc

Postby Claudio Vazquez » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:10 am

Could be a good idea that MicroSurvey programmers add too in next updates a direct way to add center coordinates to database in order to exploit dxf stake out FG capability or stake out it directly.
Claudio Vazquez

Postby Jason Poitras » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:35 am

We'll be posting a fix next week for this one. The bug was slipped in accidentally just before release.
Jason Poitras
General Manager
[email protected]
Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Postby fillupc » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:17 pm

This should be fixed by now, no excuse!
fillupc

Postby Jason Poitras » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:02 pm

We've had it fixed for several weeks now but we've been holding the service pack release so we could add a couple of more fixes to it.

Tomorrow morning we will be building our service pack release and should have something for you in a couple of days.
Jason Poitras
General Manager
[email protected]
Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Postby fillupc » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:17 am

Jason,
I know times are tough, but Microsurvey obviously needs additiional programmers. Taking this long to issue a patch for a bug that has already been fixed is not an acceptable business practice. When issues such as this are discussed on the larger forums, potential customers tend go a different direction. I can almost understand why new features, such as ntrip with Topcon Hiper, have not been added even though I have been asking for over two years. However, when a major bug is repaired, it should be posted as a patch. If some would rather wait until Microsurvey has repaired a larger portion of the bugs before updating, that would be their choice.

Phillip
fillupc

Postby Jason Poitras » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:41 pm

You are right, it is unacceptable. I am sorry it has taken this long to get the fix out to our customers.

We released MicroSurvey CAD 2009 last week which delayed the FieldGenius service pack release. We are definitely releasing it on Wednesday.
Jason Poitras
General Manager
[email protected]
Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Postby Jason Poitras » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:56 pm

FieldGenius 2008 4.0.3 is ready and has a fix for the DXF problem mentioned in this post. Tonight we just have the Quick Update method posted and will try and get the full installs up tomorrow afternoon.

Sorry for taking so long to get this fix out to you.

Download 4.0.3 Now
Jason Poitras
General Manager
[email protected]
Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Return to FieldGenius