[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MicroSurvey Software Inc. • View topic - Dist & Dir Recall and Math

Dist & Dir Recall and Math

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Dist & Dir Recall and Math

Postby jmahun » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:58 pm

jmahun

Postby CHRIS L » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:22 am

CHRIS L

Postby getrsurveyed » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:54 am

getrsurveyed

Postby CHRIS L » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:22 am

Just to clarify my post. The 1..2 function still works for bringing up distances and bearings. Just the math function that went along with that is no longer available. (1..2+4..5) to add the 2 distances together, ect.
CHRIS L

Postby jmahun » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:24 am

I'm running the FG 08 emulator on a laptop and there's a button/menu overlap issue with the resolution and font size I'm using (same issue with FG 06 emulator). I wasn't aware the Interior Angle Traverse method was added to the drop down list because, well, I couldn't see it.

The overlap issue didn't bother me too much in FG06 since I knew what options were available and could scroll my way down the list to get what I needed. The Interior Angle Traverse method does work and it's certainly faster than bouncing into the calculator (although I'll have to figure out an efficient way to calculate similar problems in Offset Intersection).

That said, the old 1..2+93.4025 (for direction and distance input) method was not only quick, but easy for my students to understand and pick up. The only drawback was that it didn't work with alpha point IDs.

If I had my druthers, I'd really like to see the recall and math combo be brought back for any direction or distance input field, and include alpha point IDs.:)
jmahun

Postby Jeff Austin » Fri May 08, 2009 5:59 am

Jeff Austin

Postby Dave Tlusty » Fri May 08, 2009 6:32 am

Dave Tlusty

Postby Jason Poitras » Mon May 11, 2009 8:45 pm

Jason Poitras
General Manager
jason.poitras@microsurvey.com
Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Re: Dist & Dir Recall and Math

Postby John Coldrick » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:56 pm

Your wait will soon be over. We have added these back and will be in the next release of FieldGenius 2012.
Thank you all for your comments. This user forum is very important to us, and we appreciate the time you take to voice your opinions.
And we listen!
Thank you for the feedback,

John Coldrick
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
John Coldrick

Return to FieldGenius