Nautiz X7

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Nautiz X7

Postby Richard Sands » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:55 am

Curious if anyone is using this and how they find it in use.
There's not much on this site about it. Camera capabilities? Has anyone images from the camera they could share please?
What is is like for taking images down manholes?
What is the keyboard (keys) like in use?

General comments on use appreciated thanks.
Richard Sands

Re: Nautiz X7

Postby Richard Sands » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:35 pm

I gather this probably isn't a much used data recorder.
I tried getting info from here in Oz and elsewhere in USA forum but ran into a bit of a blank.
Maybe not well known yet? Or not up to expectations?
Richard Sands

Postby Richard Sands » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:53 am

still struggling to understand whether ANY keys actually work with Field Genius? Other than ON/OFF ie
Is this just a screen and stylus Field Genius device only?
thanks
Richard Sands

Postby Darcy Detlor » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:51 am

Hi Richard,

We have sold hundreds of these devices. Some customers feel that the screen was too difficult to see in certain light conditions, so we sourced the highest quality anti-glare screen protector we could find. We now include those with each unit and this seems to have helped the majority of our customers. If you are looking for a device with a keyboard, the best one on the market is the Carlson unit. It is manufactured by Juniper, so the internals are very similar to the Allegro MX. It has a few extra features that make it even better. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to purchase this unit as Juniper has an exclusive relationship with Carlson on the device.

However, the specs on the Nautiz X7 are unbeatable for the price. When compared to the Carlson unit, it's quite a bit faster, has a camera, more memory, ships with an internal GPS and has a higher resolution screen. I haven't looked at their specs for a while, but I think these are the main differences.

Yes, of course other keys work in FieldGenius, and in fact you can set up short cut keys for almost every key to make it jump to a specific function. I think your question is odd, because I am sure you know that. We are working on making the arrow keys and tab key work more logically in some of the screens. This is compounded by the fact that the same source code works for both landscape and portrait devices. It means that different buttons are in different places depending on the build.
Darcy Detlor,
President,
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
[email protected]
Darcy Detlor
Site Admin

Return to FieldGenius