Stylus

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Stylus

Postby Richard Sands » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:09 pm

just a comment re stylus
I make my own from a 3 to 3.5mm knitting needle (not steel) and an old biro with its innards removed obviously.
The pens with strong clips on lids are good as they can be clipped in shirt pockets etc.
They are cheap and I have never had issues with them.
They do need fine emery on the end- emery nail files are brilliant - discarded ones from the wifes collection.

(I have often looked at the bamboo knitting needles but they don't break as easily so are a bit expensive to buy)

I read below of the rubber tipped ones. Wouldn't they attract fine grit and after a while act like a scouring pad?
Richard Sands

Re: Stylus

Postby Craig Davis » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:58 pm

We've since put on a better quality screen protector (was cut down from a mobile phone protector) and haven't had too many troubles with scratching of the screen since.

I'm going to Hawaii in May so going to get a couple of rubber tipped ones sent to a friends address over there and then see how they go.
Craig Davis

Re: Stylus

Postby jmahun » Tue May 10, 2011 7:28 am

Being a school, we regularly lose stylii. What I've found works well and are cheap are popsicle sticks. They come in packs of 200 or so for about a buck at hobby stores. Being rounded wood, they don't scratch the screen, and they're two-ended. They may not look elegant, but they work.
jmahun

Return to FieldGenius