Unresolved software bugs

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Unresolved software bugs

Postby BobKrohn » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:56 pm

Just curious, do any support people read the messages here?
So far I haven't had any response to my posts.
I'm not asking for advice, I'm reporting obvious, serious software bugs and need workarounds/fixes if available.
This is much like a Car Manufacturer's Recall where design defects are discovered. You don't have to pay for repairs.
And repairs are required. This is not only a legal requirement but a moral/ethical one as well.
This shouldn't require purchasing a support contract which in my thinking deals with "how to" issues.
(usually by people who don't read what should be a clear and easy to understand User Manual)
BobKrohn

Re: Unresolved software bugs

Postby Darcy Detlor » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:50 pm

Hello,

The title at the top of this forum is "Customer User Forum - Customers helping Customers". We view it as that.

Conversely, our helpdesk is available and staffed to help our customers directly. It contains methods for reporting problems and getting help.

Any activity on this forum by our staff is purely out of courtesy and only when they have time. The helpdesk is different. Our staff will respond to requests as quickly as possible.
Darcy Detlor,
President,
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
[email protected]
Darcy Detlor
Site Admin

Postby Richard Sands » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:09 pm

Darcy with respect, there are some things that we 'customers' would ALL benefit from that does not need support ticket.
You know my support tickets drew undue attention due to my bringing matters before your team that were not 'Please Help' me type things.
What/ how are we to address such, and again - if its for the wider benefit of the User community then I would imagine it should be welcomed and encouraged.
my 2 bobs worth and probably others that don't have the time to input or whatever reason.
regards
Richard
Richard Sands

Postby Darcy Detlor » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:59 am

Hi Richard,

We have been promoting our User Feedback system because it will give us a true indication of the popularity of new ideas. We need to know that features and improvements we add to the program will be useful to many customers. Hence the User Feedback system where our customers can vote for features they want. Have you entered anything into that system? Many customers have and it is the first place we look when planning improvements.

http://feedback.microsurvey.com/forums/ ... ieldgenius

If it is a serious bug, then we need to deal with it in a serious way, by tracking it, by enter tickets on it, and by transferring it to our internal bug tracking system. We do that with the helpdesk.
Darcy Detlor,
President,
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
[email protected]
Darcy Detlor
Site Admin

Postby Jason Poitras » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:44 am

I am sitting in the Montreal airport reading forum posts. I am on holidays and I have finally had some time to review posts to see what our customers our talking about. I will be the first to admit that I don't regularly visit the forum as much as I used to. Before we implemented the helpdesk system, the user forum was a place where customers could get free technical support. But as Darcy stated, this was not the reason why we implemented this forum. It was implemented for our users for their own use. It was never implemented to be a support forum.

Bugs are a pain the @$$. We know this. To ensure we can resolve issues quicker, we have recently hired two new software developers just for our mobile products team. We have also just hired a dedicated product manager for our mobile products as well. These recent changes will help us add new features quicker, and more importantly allow us to fix more bugs, quicker than ever before. These new hires are still in training but are coming up to speed very quickly. By the end of the year you will see an improvement.
Jason Poitras
General Manager
[email protected]
Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Return to FieldGenius