Segmented arcs?

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Segmented arcs?

Postby jmahun » Mon May 07, 2012 5:34 am

I have a FG2011 project which contains an arc defined by begin, end, and radius points. When I try to draw the arc or inverse along it, it shows as the straight segments (drawn in the opposite direction than specified when inversing). The arc information is correct. I've double-check the curve's geometry to make sure the radius is the same at both ends. Do I have an incorrect setting somewhere?
jmahun

Re: Segmented arcs?

Postby Erle Dzus » Mon May 14, 2012 8:32 am

Try changing the Arc Resolution setting that can be found in Settings | Options | Interface. This controls the number of segments displayed along arcs on-screen to improve display speed.

If the issue is more than this, please create a support ticket on our HelpDesk.

Thanks,
Erle Dzus
Software Engineer
MicroSurvey
Erle Dzus

Postby jmahun » Mon May 14, 2012 8:46 am

I tried that - it doesn't help.
I'll submit a support ticket.
jmahun

Postby jmahun » Thu May 17, 2012 5:53 am

In case anyone else runs into this problem, I sent the project in with my support request and here's the response I got. I did what they suggested and the problem was resolved.

"If you examine your coordinate database file in FG you will see that point 10 is the only station that had an elevation of zero. The rest are blank. Examining your raw data file in notepad you see the remaining points have an elevation of -99999999.0000. We have seen the program mess up occasionally and when it does not see an elevation it is supposed to insert a zero for elevation but sometimes this does not happen. We recommend always input a zero elevation if you do not have one.

If you manually edit each point in your coordinate database file changing the height to zero elevation (one by one) you will see your line-work portrayed."
jmahun

Return to FieldGenius