Robotic module

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Robotic module

Postby 1201plus » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:26 pm

Flaws and wishs
• Once you choose ATR the FG will change it to lock mode?...like when search is preformed.
• When using lock you should be able to pause lock while staking point. So that you can lay down the prism pole, hammer in your nail or stake then pick up pole and resume…or if you know a vehicle is going to block your shot you can pause lock till it passes.
• Multi sets routine has NO AUTOMAION WHAT SO EVER. With Leica and Trimble software you just tell it that you want 5 different prisms shot in with 5 repetitions on both faces and then just walk away for half hour while it preforms all shots.
• A two face measurement button would be very nice…instead of going into the multi sets all the time just for one shot.
• A two face stake button would be nice also for doing precise elevation staking as in industrial steel work situations.
• 3D positon button for staking out would be very nice…this way you can see if anything is in the way before hand and help guide the guy on the rod.
• When you check BS. The routine tells you that you have an instrument that can position and preform this task by itself….no shit…just meas BS and give me values…Also the routine is not smart enough to know what the height of the BS is.
• When filling fields for instrument, height , etc... If you leave this page and go back it deletes the values you just put in….frustrating.
• Connecting to leica Bluetooth…most times takes a few tries as it times out. Also…you can loose lock from 3 feet away and loose all data and have to start over.
• When a vehicle crosses line of site while measuring, in gives error message...with leica it can recognize that the line of site is clear again and resume measurement.
• You should be able to choose different user buttons across the top of screen.
• Battery display is no good…have to exit out to windows and check.
• After half hour on one multi set I could not store the point….had to re-due. I think it was because of low battery, but now warnging was given.
• Sometimes the connect button shows disconnected when in fact you are connected.
• Can’t change point numbers of stored points. Why?
• Be nice to see a display screen that just shows angle, dist, coordinates etc. I know you can take a shot then click info and expand and then read the small print, but jeez.

oh ya...and the program freezes up sevral times a day....very glitchy.

A lot of these features mention are standard Leica software and you don't even have to leave the home screen...seems with FG there is too many subscreens and button pressing to get what you need.
1201plus

Re: Robotic module

Postby stitone » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:49 am

Have you posted your wants in the Microsurvey Feedback Forum? There are others who have similar requests. The more votes the sooner things are implemented. I would love to see your ideas in FieldGenius' robotic module.

About the bluetooth connectivity I use the Algiz7 with my Leica and get a range of about 20' with line of sight.
stitone

Postby Jason Poitras » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:41 am

Hello,

Here are some comments and questions:

• Once you choose ATR the FG will change it to lock mode?...like when search is preformed.

Jason - In FieldGenius once you turn ATR on it is on until you either turn it off, or you press the lock icon. Pressing the lock button assumes you are done with ATR and want to search and lock on a prism. What would you like to see happen or how would you like this to work?

• When using lock you should be able to pause lock while staking point. So that you can lay down the prism pole, hammer in your nail or stake then pick up pole and resume…or if you know a vehicle is going to block your shot you can pause lock till it passes.

Jason - You can pause the lock by tapping the Lock button once.

• Multi sets routine has NO AUTOMAION WHAT SO EVER. With Leica and Trimble software you just tell it that you want 5 different prisms shot in with 5 repetitions on both faces and then just walk away for half hour while it preforms all shots.

Jason - Agreed, this would be a nice feature to eventually add. We suggest adding your feature request to our feedback forum for FieldGenius.

• A two face measurement button would be very nice…instead of going into the multi sets all the time just for one shot.

Jason - Agreed, this would be a nice feature to eventually add. We suggest adding your feature request to our feedback forum for FieldGenius.

• A two face stake button would be nice also for doing precise elevation staking as in industrial steel work situations.

• 3D positon button for staking out would be very nice…this way you can see if anything is in the way before hand and help guide the guy on the rod.

Jason - You can enable this by turning off "Robotic Staking" in the stake settings dialog.

• When you check BS. The routine tells you that you have an instrument that can position and preform this task by itself….no shit…just meas BS and give me values…Also the routine is not smart enough to know what the height of the BS is.

Jason - We'll work on this soon.

• When filling fields for instrument, height , etc... If you leave this page and go back it deletes the values you just put in….frustrating.

Jason - Ok

• Connecting to leica Bluetooth…most times takes a few tries as it times out. Also…you can loose lock from 3 feet away and loose all data and have to start over.

Jason - as you can imagine there are numerous devices and instrument out there in use. What are you using?

• When a vehicle crosses line of site while measuring, in gives error message...with leica it can recognize that the line of site is clear again and resume measurement.

• You should be able to choose different user buttons across the top of screen.

• Battery display is no good…have to exit out to windows and check.

Jason - Which data collector are you using? All our Windows Mobile builds show a battery icon across the top in the main menu.

• After half hour on one multi set I could not store the point….had to re-due. I think it was because of low battery, but now warnging was given.

Jason - We never get any reports of not being able to store a multiset. Let us know if you can reproduce the problem.

• Sometimes the connect button shows disconnected when in fact you are connected.

Jason - Not sure why that is happening. Might be related to the Bluetooth issues you are having.

• Can’t change point numbers of stored points. Why?

Jason - To prevent users from accidentally changing measured points we protect them. We control this by using a survey role and all measured points are non editable except for the description. You can however overide this by changing the points surveyrole from "measured" to "user defined".

• Be nice to see a display screen that just shows angle, dist, coordinates etc. I know you can take a shot then click info and expand and then read the small print, but jeez.

Jason - Already implemented? It's called the observation toolbar and is available on the top toolbar, second button from the left.
Jason Poitras
General Manager
[email protected]
Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Postby 1201plus » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:47 am

Thanks for the feedback.
RE:Feedback forum for Field Genius
[i]I assumed I was in FG forum? I followed the link you posted but was not able to find this link on your website. Do I need a certain browser? I'm using Windows 7.

Dan
1201plus

Postby Jason Poitras » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:14 am

Hi,

You posted your comments in the User Forum which is a place for users to help each other.

The Feedback Forum is different because it allows our users to provide their feature requests to our development team. More importantly it allows users to vote on features that are important to them and that allows us to determine which features should be worked on first.

The link for the feedback forum can be found on the red tab on the left side of the main support page.
Jason Poitras
General Manager
[email protected]
Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Return to FieldGenius