Any news about FieldGenius 2013?

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Any news about FieldGenius 2013?

Postby mkaic » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:47 am

Are there any news regarding new FieldGenius? Some very useful features requested by users were planned for this new release and i would really like to see that as soon as possible. New release was planned for June, right?
mkaic

Re: Any news about FieldGenius 2013?

Postby Jason Poitras » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:20 pm

We will have another one or two service pack releases before the next version of FieldGenius is available. Work on the next major version of FieldGenius is in the works but no release date has been set yet.

Which new features are you most interested in?
Jason Poitras
General Manager
[email protected]
Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Re: Any news about FieldGenius 2013?

Postby mkaic » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:32 am

well, a few.
some of them are already added in service packs (like predetermined prisms).
but, there are some things that i would like to have in FG, and already posted on your suggestions page, but no feedback.
one of them is AVERAGE mode for total station measurements, having setting for number of measurements, and averaging method, see the averaged coordinates and standard deviation and have the ability to store the point with standard deviation and number of measurements.
next thing is custom ASCII file export. i need it every day...
some improvements on multiset measurement were planned, but i would add something more.
if i want to close traverse to known point, i can't use existing point number. please, change that.
this "feature" of FG (point protection or whatever) in general is not something i find useful.
there are many situations where i want multiple measurements to same point, and want to know that it is that point. (coming to average mode..)
some kind of text manipulation (adding, showing, hiding..)
multiple codes on point would also be useful.
also, one thing i would like to see is coordinate system editor with predefined ellipsoids (drop down list). creating user defined system would be much easier.
well, i hope at least some of those will be included in next releases.
mkaic

Return to FieldGenius