FieldGenius and the Zeiss R50

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

FieldGenius and the Zeiss R50

Postby T.M. Moretz » Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:26 pm

After downloading the emulator I've noticed that this model is not an option. There are older models and newer models but this one's not on the list. I purchased this instrument about three years ago and it's very similar, if not the same as the Trimble 3600 (?) series, also not on the list. I would very much like to take advantage of the December special but I can't buy a new instrument to do it. Has this been overlooked or am I not seeing something on the emulator? Ted.
T.M. Moretz

Postby Jason Poitras » Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:06 pm

Hi Ted,

We support the ELTA (New and Old). If you have a serial cable from your instrument to your computer, you can run your instrument using the Emulator.

Just make sure to set your instrument to the same settings as FieldGenius. You also don't need to change your computer serial port, only your instrument.
Jason Poitras
General Manager
[email protected]
Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Settings

Postby T.M. Moretz » Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:00 am

Jason,
the Baudrate and Parity are straight forward on the R50 but the Data Bits & Stop Bits are not labeled as such. How are these changed? The manual was apparently translated from German to English by a German and the wording sometimes is awkward. These terms and how to modify them are not addressed in a way that's easy for me to understand. Is anybody else using the R50 with the Field Genius? Thanks in advance, Ted
T.M. Moretz

ELTA

Postby Glen Cameron » Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:10 pm

In Field Genius, the ELTA, (New and Old) both have the settings of:
Baud Rate 1200
Parity Odd
Data Bits 7
Stop Bits 2

The ELTA S (direct has settings of:
Baud 19200
Parity None
Data Bits 8
Stop Bits 1

There is no way to change these in FG so hopefully you can either change them in your unit, or find another selection in our list that will work for you.

The next version of FG may have more options in this department.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to FieldGenius