prism offsets

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

prism offsets

Postby Teresa » Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:27 pm

Hi,

Are prism constants that were used in data collection stored anywhere in the FG files? I would very much like to check on what constant was used for some data collected. Have checked the raw file and the log file but don't see it.

If this information is not stored anywhere, it is an item that I would like to add to a wish list - I consider the prism constants used to be essential information about data collected.

Teresa
Teresa

Postby Jason Poitras » Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:39 pm

Hi Teresa,

Yes that is a great suggestion. If the offset was written at the beginning of the raw file would that suffice?
Jason Poitras
General Manager
[email protected]
Jason Poitras
Site Admin

re prism offsets

Postby Teresa » Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:44 am

No, it would not suffice: the prism offsets can change during the survey - ie changing between 360 degree prism for sideshots and a normal prism for backsite checks.

Just as a comment in Raw data file and of course history logg every time it changes would be great...

Teresa
Teresa

Prism Constants

Postby Richard Sands » Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:26 am

Just to add to that Jason
Could the constant be displayed in a discrete place - My Nikon shows the constant as it starts reading and this is also a useful check. I would also like to see it added to the raw file at every change to reflect the true setting throughout all the job.
Richard Sands

Return to FieldGenius