iPaq specific

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

cadrum

iPaq specific

Post by cadrum » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:17 pm

I've noticed a couple of things running FG2004 1.0.6 on iPaq 2215.

1.) When I go into Settings - Units/Scale, my Direction Display won't hold the Bearing selection when I exit FG. It always goes back to North Azimuth when I restart FG. Even though I have hit Save as System Defaults and confirmed it.

2.) Most of the time when using the info button (show/hide results button) the shot/trigger button gets reduced to a size of less than 1/4" X 1/2". When you again tap the info button to hide the displayed info the shot button stays reduced. Since you can no longer tap anywhere on the map as in the old XG this makes for a very small trigger button. I would consider this button to be of the highest importance and would like to see it remain as large as possible.

Do the Tracker and other platforms have these same issues or are they iPaq specific? Thanks.

Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Post by Jason Poitras » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:13 pm

Hello,

1) Is your copy of FieldGenius 2004 registered? If it is in demo mode, then you can not save your settings.

Today during testing, I re-created the problem so we will look at it more closely and fix it.

2) We will find a way to make the trigger button larger when the information button is turned on.

Item 1 has occured on all devices, where as item 2 is iPAQ related.
Jason Poitras
General Manager
jason.poitras@microsurvey.com