OFFSET ROUTINE

Discussion of FieldGenius related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

OFFSET ROUTINE

Postby MATTO » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:00 am

The offset point routine is great when staking points, however, I'm hoping you could fix the problem I have encountered.

When staking a point with an offset, after I have staked the point once, I sometimes like to exit the stake screen and resolve the point to manually check the angle I'm turning. When I do this, the offset, while still remaining in the entry boxes as what it was originally, now doubles when I solve the stake point. If I then go through it again, it triples and so on.
The way I've found around this is to place the cursor in the point number entry box, click down one number, and then back to the number I want to stake again, then resolving.

Referring to an earlier post about resetting the stake offset to zero, please consider leaving the previous value in the boxes, but perhaps having a box to check whether or not you want to use an offset.

One final request would be to have the offset routine store a point at the perfect theoretical coordinate, which comes in handy when checking staked coords vs. posted coords back at the office later.
MATTO

Postby Jason Poitras » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:14 pm

1) This has been documented as a bug. The work around is to do what you've described below to "refresh" the offsets.

2) I like your idea about a toggle for the offsets, I'll add that as a feature request.

3) I also added this to our feature request list.
Jason Poitras
General Manager
[email protected]
Jason Poitras
Site Admin

Return to FieldGenius