unable to insert north arrows, arrows, cannot find...

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

unable to insert north arrows, arrows, cannot find...

Postby tom » Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:39 am

I am using windows xp, ms2002 sp2, and for some reason ms2002 can no longer find the north arrows, or arrows for dimensioning, though headers still seem to work.... when trying to put dimensioning arrows in asks for arrow type (mmar) then when enter is hit nothing happens. For the north arrows I can pick arrow type & scale but when I go to insert into drawing it cannot find the file, I looked up the path that it searches, with windows explorer and files are there but they are .flx format and I think ms2002 is looking for .dwg format for some reason.
Wondering if maybe a default somewhere was changed by mistake? or just a bad install or fix required???
tom

Postby rwhatman » Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:27 am

The arrow types are MMARR, MMARR1 AND MMARR2
If you type the wrong arrow type MMAR it remembers it and not the right
ones.

As for your other problem I not sure about it.
I have no problem inserting a file. I don't use microsurveys north arrows and I not using windows xp.
rwhatman

Postby tom » Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:33 am

sorry, mmar was a typo in my question, still doesn't insert arrows and it does read mmarr. thanks for noticing that though!
tom

Postby Mark Budgen » Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:55 pm

Tom,

If you go to File => Configure => File Formats, you will likely see that you have the file open default set to DWG. Please set this to FLX and it should work for you. The file open default should always stay as FLX. This only affects labeling routines and does not affect working as a DWG file.
Mark Budgen

Return to MicroSurvey CAD