Selection Sets

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Selection Sets

Postby Bill Tellier » Fri Feb 28, 2003 10:14 am

The Group command is a very useful tool, but how do you Select the items that go into the Group :?: I don't see a Selection Set / Filter tool that will allow you to select items by Layer, Color, Entity type, Block name, etc. and/or select just the red lines on layer such and such. I use the lisp routine (ssx), selection set external, and have placed it on the menu as a Tool so every time I need to Filter/Select objects, etc. I just click on the Icon and voila :D It works great!..Maybe MScad has a Selection/Filter tool and I just have'nt found it yet :?:, but even so having the option to change just about anything in the cad program to your "flavor" of doing things is just plain excellent :!: :!:

BT
Bill Tellier

Sellecting Items

Postby Glen Cameron » Fri Feb 28, 2003 12:28 pm

When running any command in MSCAD that allows you to select objects, there is the option bar across the top of the drawing that shows the available selection methods. They include Wpolygone, Cpolygone, Fence, Last, Previous, Remove, Window, Crossing, Single, All, and Group.

We do not currently have the ability to select circles only or red lines only, etc. We may see options like this added to the CAD engine in the future.

The closest command we have - which would not help you here - is the ESEL command that allows you to erase selected items by picking on one only. So if you pick a circle it will erase all circles on the same layer but nothing else from that layer and no other circles in the drawing.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD