Permission problems

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Michelle

Permission problems

Post by Michelle » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:11 pm

This is a problem that I had with 2002 also, but it is much worse now.(it never used to mess with my points) When I save and close a drawing I can't open it again right away (about 20 mins) without the following boxes coming up:

File/directory permission problem with "my drawing name/location.msj."
Are you currently looking at this directory with windows explorer?
If you are then point to a different directory in Explorer.
You should do this now, before pressing the OK button.
Error BBUIE458

No matter what I do this same box pops up again, then:

Error PRJTY350. Unable to create a new database. Please check for write protected files. Make sure you have enough disk space free for a new database.

After I clear the boxes I can't do anything without those same boxes coming up, if I do manage to get something changed it won't let me save.
The only way to get rid of the boxes is to restart my computer, once I open the drawing I find that ALL my points are empty. This really sucks.

The problem I had today started when I was unable to freeze anything, I closed the program and reopened it along with the drawing. I was unable to do anything with it because the three usual boxes came up. After restarting my computer I found I had lost all my points, luckily I had written the points out earlier, so I created a copy of my original drawing and read the sdr file in, made all the changes to the points that I needed, saved and closed.
When I returned from lunch I opened the copy I made and my points were all empty. I then opened the original and the points had re-appeared in that drawing, they were in the same place as I moved them too, but the info on the points was still in the old location.

Is there something I can do to prevent this from happening or to fix it once it happens?

Michelle

Glen Cameron

Post by Glen Cameron » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:19 pm

It sounds and looks like you do not have the correct permissions setup to run the program on that computer, as a normal/limited user. Have you tried doing this as an Admin user?

This tech note may help you set your computer up so a limited account user can run the program correctly:
http://www.microsurvey.com/products/msc ... counts.pdf

Of course you need full rights and permissions for the working folder. The MSJ folder is a temporary folder we create when a job is opened in MSCAD. It contains the database and is updated anytime any calculation is done. When you exit the job, the MSJ folder is compressed back into the MSD file and the MSJ folder is then erased automatically.
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario