Rotate Entities around Insertion Point

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Rotate Entities around Insertion Point

Postby Bill Tellier » Fri Feb 28, 2003 10:28 am

Okay I just used the Surveyor's View to better orient my project, now all of my blocks are out of rotation to the new view. I can rotate the point numbers by the use of the database command, and I can Select and Group all of the blocks and/or text, but how can I rotate them around there Insertion points so they will stay where they are, and just be rotated to the new view :?:

BT
Bill Tellier

Symbols

Postby Glen Cameron » Fri Feb 28, 2003 12:18 pm

Symbols are oriented to the linework they are attached to, or to true north. There is no global change to orient the symbols to your current view.

The Point Number, Description, and Elevations all have a rotation factor in the Labeling Defaults that can control their orientation (when the drawing is updated from the database).

A handy tool that may help with the orientation of the symbols is found under the MicroSurvey Menu -> Text Entry and Editing -> Rotate Text to Match Line/Text. This routine was designed originally to manipulate text but it also works on symbols.

If you have a line in the drawing you can rotate the symbol to match it using this command.

I hope this helps,

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD