insert photograph

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Ron Mak

insert photograph

Post by Ron Mak » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:03 pm

What is the command to insert a link to a photograph? I can't find it on the menus.

I found the command in help, but can't find the command name.

Glen Cameron

insert_picture

Post by Glen Cameron » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:15 am

I do not think the command is currently on any of the menus.

You can run the command by typing in INSERT_PICTURE or you can customize your own toolbar button or add it to the menus yourself, via the customize command.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario

Pinpointsurveying

viewing photos in Cad 2004

Post by Pinpointsurveying » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:30 pm

Hey one step further. Once you have a pic in there how can a client of ours view this when he opens the drawing with MSCadd 2004? Or in righting this drawing to a PDF the pic is gone, why would that by?

Glen Cameron

Rasters vs. Pictures

Post by Glen Cameron » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:38 am

I think we are talking about 2 different things. Ron was asking about a routine that inserts a LINK into the current drawing that will spawn an external picture in our viewer. The link does not show the picture in the actual drawing. MSCAD2004 should work with this same link, assuming the path to the raster is the same as it was on the original MSCAD2005 computer.

I think what you are talking about is the insertion of a raster image to show up in MSCAD2005 as part of the drawing.

If you print a drawing containing a raster image, to a PDF file, the raster should show up just fine. I just tried it here using the PDF995 driver and it worked as expected.

Sending the drawing back to MSCAD2004 will not have the raster image going with it. The two programs use different methods of working with rasters. You would have to have the MSCAD2004 user reinsert the raster image. Going to AutoCAD should work, but the path may have to be reset for the raster to show up, being the location on the computer may have changed (on the new computer compared to the original computer).

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario

Pinpointsurveying

Post by Pinpointsurveying » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:15 am

Thanks, I'll try that.