MSCad hanging up, sort of

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

ergols

MSCad hanging up, sort of

Post by ergols » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:18 am

It seems like when I select dynamic zoom or dynamic pan while I'm using cogo I get a weird kind of program hang up. The program seems to stay frozen in the pan mode, even though I can see commands being either typed in or selected off of the menu. For example, I try to close my drawing and I see "_close" in the command line. The program doesn't close though. I select cogo and see "_cogo" in the command line, but the cogo routine doesn't run. When I click on the window I'm still in pan mode, even though I've hit the escape key 4 or 5 hundred times. The program can be minimized, but it can't be shut down. It's in some kind of pan mode zombie state. Any idea how I can get the program to break out of this pan mode freeze-up? I've tried using the Task Manager to end the program but I didn't get a very satisfactory resolution to the problem. I had to go looking for my deeply buried autosave file.

Glen Cameron

Post by Glen Cameron » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:25 am

Are you running the most up-to-date patches for MSCAD2005? (SP#1.3 is the last posted one as of today) If not then maybe try grabbing any and all required to bring you current (don't skip any), and see if this helps.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario