Simple Contour Lines help

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Simple Contour Lines help

Postby James Camel » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:11 pm

Hello, I am a first time user of this product. I was wondering how do you draw contours on a map. I have the point# x y coordinates and elevations of the points. The only thing i have managed to do so far is just import the points, I cant seem to go any further than that.

Can anyone help me get started? I tried all the help menus, they don't seem to help out.

Thanks for your help.

James C.
James Camel

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:38 pm

In the help file there are a series of 160 short movie clips of which there is a series on doing contours, that may help you.

In general though, once the 3d points are in the drawing, you need to extract them to a surface. Then once you have the surface, you can set the contour interval you require and then run the contours.

There are other things that can control the contours, such as extracting breaklines to the same surface as the points, setting a boundary to slip the contours so they don't draw in voids, setting the colours of the contours, etc.

There is also a tutorial in the help file that goes through the general steps.

If you have specific questions, feel free to contact me after you have watched the movies and/or gone through the tutorial.

Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD