Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Postby Vincent Popish » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:10 pm

I notice that there is a call for Incad 2006 beta testers and wondered if there was a mscad 2006 in the works, and what features will be upgraded?
Vince Popish
Vincent Popish

Postby Glen Cameron » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:30 pm

We are not currently actively working on MSCAD2006 (or whatever it will be called) as yet. We are working on killing any bugs that are reported, and working with IntelliCAD on fixes for the CAD Engine, so MSCAD2005 can be optimized. We are also keeping an active list of features that people are asking us to look at adding and/or improving, to the next version of MSCAD.

InCAD2006 is well under way and the Beta cycle has started as well.

We are also continuing to improve our FieldGenius program.

We are also working on a patch for our MapScenes 2006 program.

So we are, as always, very busy. :)

When we get closer to actively working on the next version of MSCAD, we will let everyone know, and ask for beta testers, etc., at that time.

Thank You,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Glen is not quite correct... :)

Postby Darcy Detlor » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:04 am

We don't tell Glen everything.

The largest feature that will be included in the next version of MSCAD is being written as we speak. Unfortunately it's a secret. :lol:

There are also a dozen programmers working on the next version of IntelliCAD, so all of those additions and corrections will be in a future version. Add that to the 15 programmers who are working on the DWG engine, and the 10 programmers working on the CLASSIFIED INFORMATION HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THIS DOCUMENT, and it should be quite an upgrade.
Darcy Detlor,
President,
MicroSurvey Software Inc.
[email protected]
Darcy Detlor
Site Admin

Postby ianw2 » Fri May 19, 2006 3:44 pm

Interesting. The President of MicroSurvey has classified data removed from his posts. Clearly, Dacry’s position is identical to mine. I am the President and CEO of Ian Wilson Land Surveying, Inc. I, too, am Lord of my realm and all I survey.

Except, of course, that I have to check in with the actual ruler…Mrs. Wilson (and I don’t mean my mother).

Cheers, Darcy! I know what you’re up against!
Ian Wilson
Ian Wilson Land Surveying, Inc.
Temecula CA 92591
(951) 684-1044
ianw2

Postby Vincent Popish » Mon May 22, 2006 7:17 am

Darcy:
The biggest thing from my viewpoint, as isolated and uninformed as it is, is the weakness in the profile and cross section part of the program. Other programs are much more powerful in this area. The rest of the program and interface and especially your support are way way ahead of your competition.
Vince Popish
Vincent Popish

Return to MicroSurvey CAD