drop-down options

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

drop-down options

Postby Carole » Thu May 04, 2006 2:32 pm

At my station, when I start cogo I get a drop down menu that says "backup/toggles/curve/CB". When I select an entity, I get a drop-down menu that offers "select all, remove from set, crossing window..etc"
Our new man does not have those menus drop down when he opens cogo or selects something. Where can we go to enable those menus?
Thanks for your help.

I have been having some trouble with my version of Microsurvey. I have found that I will be working on a job and suddenly my whole screen goes white and a box in the middle says "A required operation was.." (or something like that). I am able to save the file by passing my pointer over the tool bar--the buttons appear as the pointer passes over them but the drawing window stays white. I have to restart to restore my window. What would be causing this?
Carole

Postby Glen Cameron » Thu May 04, 2006 6:32 pm

1) the menus that you are referring to are actually called Prompt Boxes and you can turn them on/off by running the command OPTIONS, pick on the DISPLAY tab, and then pick the box to toggle the DISPLAY PROMPT BOXES as desired.

2) "A REQUIRED RESOURSE WAS" is probably what you saw. It is trying to access memeory setup for resources and is having a problem. The item is it trying to get is either corrupt or simply missing from the memory setup for the resources. Are you running Windows 98, 98SE or ME? Those older versions of Windows had a very small amount of memory setup for the resources and once it was full, the first things in were also the first things kicked out to make room for new things.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby Carole » Fri May 05, 2006 6:26 am

Thanks, Glen. I have Windows XP Professional.

The new man has taken over Michelle's workstation. You may remember she has had on-going problems with crashes, permission problems, point entities not being saved in the file and needing to restart several times a day. These problems continue. Yesterday while trying to draw a simple lot and a simple house (23 points in the file) MicroSurvey crashed twice. A new person needs to be able to train on a stable system so now we are wondering, should we abandon the computer and get a new one with Windows XP Pro? Just abandon Windows and install XP Pro? Do you have a recommendation?
Carole

Postby Glen Cameron » Fri May 05, 2006 7:06 am

If the older machine is running an older version of Windows, then it is a good thought to either wipe the computer clean and replace the Windows version with XP, or, depending upon how old the machine is, cycle it out to lesser (backup) duties and get a new one with XP on it and reinstall the software from there.

Windows 98, 98SE and ME all have issues that Windows XP looked after.

Being your machine has a much lower problem rate, the older computer is a problem that should be replaced or completely revamped.

My 2 cents!
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD