Microsurvey & Windows XP Home

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Microsurvey & Windows XP Home

Postby Howard Coates » Wed Mar 05, 2003 6:22 am

:( Does any one have a problem when doing a D,Pan? The little hand grabs the drawing and it should slide it around on the screen. My program freezes, but I can still use the mouse. I have found a way around to get the D,Pan to work. When It freezes I hit the Show Desktop button just to the right of the start button, and then hit the microsurvey bar on the Taskbar and the drawing is back up and the hand has a hold of the drawing ready to slide it any where I desire. Is this a program problem or a Windows Issue?
Howard Coates

XP Home Edition

Postby Glen Cameron » Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:05 am

I am running Windows XP Home edition on my office computer and have never seen what you are describing. I know of others with the same setup that are also not having problems. I might suggest that it is local to your computer and you might want to have a techy check it out for you.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby rwhatman » Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:54 am

Let me shorten your search. I use window2000 and have the very same
thing happen.

In my case its the mouse. I have a intellimouse. If you pick on a line
after you DPAN this is the trigger. The second time you pick a line
it all locks up or at least in my case.

I have worked around this by not holding down the Alt key and panning.

I can min. my screen and then get it back if I forget.

I have not had time to look for updated drivers for this mouse, but
I know its the mouse and not MSCAD program.

Hope this helps
rwhatman

Postby rwhatman » Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:41 am

I just updated the mouse driver. That did not help.

I do know it does not happen with other mouse devices.

It may be a setting in the mouse that is the problem.
rwhatman

Postby Howard Coates » Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:03 am

The Techy's have had my computer for the past week and said all is OK ???? with the machine. It sounds like it must be a local setting in windiows that is causing the problem. I am using an Intellimouse 1.1A, updating to a new Hybred may help or will it only look nice on my desk????
Howard Coates

D' Pan Freeze

Postby Max » Wed Mar 05, 2003 11:12 am

Howard, I have been using MS 2002 for a year now with XP on a laptop and have'nt had any problems with my dynamic zoom. I have other problems that seem to not have solutions and I reloaded the MS 2002 program and it fix my problem. Over the years I have has several other programs go bad on the hard drive for various reasons. Don't know if this will help, but if everthing else fails it is worth a shot.
Max
Max

Postby Howard Coates » Fri Mar 07, 2003 6:37 am

I have reinstalled the Microsurvey program and it still runs the same. The drawing that I was working on is fairly large with quite a bit of hatching on it, so I opened a small drawing with only a few lines on it and the Dpan works properly.
I also opened a drawing that was sent from a consultant in dwg format, and the Dpan worked fine in that drawing. I am now thinking that only the one drawing must have a problem.
Is there a setting in the hatch command that I can change, so that the drawing can refresh faster?
The drawing is of a subdivision showing the following:
property lines
Existing Curbs
Sidewalk Hatched with AR-conc
Driveways Hatched with different hatching depending on the material on it, a)Dolmit, Flex, Brick.

If those are all ok together than it must be my Video card that is not fast enough. I have a NVIDIA GEFORCE2 MX 400, does any one now if the card could be the problem?
Howard Coates

Postby Howard Coates » Fri Mar 07, 2003 7:10 am

I have reinstalled the Microsurvey program and it still runs the same. The drawing that I was working on is fairly large with quite a bit of hatching on it, so I opened a small drawing with only a few lines on it and the Dpan works properly.
I also opened a drawing that was sent from a consultant in dwg format, and the Dpan worked fine in that drawing. I am now thinking that only the one drawing must have a problem.
Is there a setting in the hatch command that I can change, so that the drawing can refresh faster?
The drawing is of a subdivision showing the following:
property lines
Existing Curbs
Sidewalk Hatched with AR-conc
Driveways Hatched with different hatching depending on the material on it, a)Dolmit, Flex, Brick.

If those are all ok together than it must be my Video card that is not fast enough. I have a NVIDIA GEFORCE2 MX 400, does any one now if the card could be the problem?
Howard Coates

Hatching

Postby Glen Cameron » Fri Mar 07, 2003 7:54 am

Hatching does use up a lot more resources than most other entities in a drawing. Can you try freezing the hatch layers to see if this makes a difference.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD