Paper Space / Model Space in MSCAD 2005

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Paper Space / Model Space in MSCAD 2005

Postby ianw2 » Mon May 15, 2006 1:16 pm

Way back in 2001, Glen created a User Tip on using Paper Space. http://www.microsurvey.com/support/shared_tips/technote-layout_mode.htm

It was probably the single most understandable discussion/primer on paper space available anywhere for any CAD software. In fact, it was the article that started me using Paper Space/Model Space. In FelixCAD/MSCAD 2004, Paper Space/Model Space was very easy to use and worked very well.

The functionality of IntelliCAD/MSCAD 2005 is far superior/more extensive than ever before. Paper Space/Model Space has returned to a confusing morass.

So, Glen, a challenge: How about preparing a User Tip covering Paper Space/Model Space in MSCAD 2005 that is of the caliber of the previous one you did?

I believe that more people would use this feature if they understood it as it can be a very powerful drafting tool.
Ian Wilson
Ian Wilson Land Surveying, Inc.
Temecula CA 92591
(951) 684-1044
ianw2

Layout Mode

Postby Glen Cameron » Mon May 15, 2006 5:33 pm

Although I would love to - I can not take the credit for writing that particular technical note. If I remember correctly it was a former employee of ours, Mark Budgen, that wrote it.

I can see if I can rework/revamp/rewrite that note making it current for MSCAD2005. Give me a bit of time and I will see what I can do.

I assume you have watched the movie "Layout Mode Overview".

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

PAPER SPACE

Postby Richard Sands » Thu May 18, 2006 1:52 pm

In mean time why not post some queries. I use Paper Space for all my outputs and its very useful. I'm sure I could learn more.
One question I have regards Rotated Views. I remember a comment wayback and think this is currently unavailable. Is this the case, I cant find a way to do this.
regards
Richard
Richard Sands

rotate view ports

Postby Vincent Popish » Thu May 18, 2006 3:27 pm

Try double clicking in your view port in paperspace to make it active, then going to the view pull down menu, select dynamic view control, then click on the top right or bottom right button in the rotation box, depending on which way you want to rotate the drawing. When you click OK everything disapears, but just type regen and it all comes back right.
Hope this helps.
Vince Popish
Vincent Popish

ROTATED LAYOUT

Postby Richard Sands » Thu May 18, 2006 5:27 pm

Many thanks Vince - too easy.
Richard
Richard Sands

Postby Glen Cameron » Fri May 19, 2006 4:50 am

Also check the tech notes in the user tips area of this web-site. There was a note posted April 21/06 about roating views in layout mode http://www.microsurvey.com/support/msca ... ewport.pdf

The updated note asked for by Ian has been completed, just waiting for the web guru to post it for me.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD