[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MicroSurvey Software Inc. • View topic - Import column specific ascii points

Import column specific ascii points

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Import column specific ascii points

Postby Rusty Stumpff » Fri May 19, 2006 12:48 pm

I have been trying to import ascii points from a program that uses column-specific data. The program that creates the file does not export point numbers, elevations, or descriptions. I uncheck all three of those boxes. On the command line after I attempt to import the points there are lines saying "Error: Line too short to extract Northing?" and "Error: Line too short to extract Easting?" I have messed around with the settings for column widths and starting columns. The program that created the ascii file will only export in column-specific format. Will the space-delimited thing open the file correctly? Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? Is there a limit on how many decimal places MSCAD will handle in the import routine? The program exporting the points gives 12-14 decimal places.
I'm working on a new signature.
Rusty Stumpff

Postby Glen Cameron » Sat May 20, 2006 6:20 am

Feel free to email me the ASCII file so I can examine it. Then I can provide some answers that will be able to help you.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby Rusty Stumpff » Tue May 23, 2006 4:32 am

Sorry, I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was trying to import points 1..50, but I think since the ascii file didn't have point numbers it was messing up. Thanks though.
I'm working on a new signature.
Rusty Stumpff

Return to MicroSurvey CAD