Toolbar problems part 2

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

casual22

Toolbar problems part 2

Post by casual22 » Tue May 23, 2006 9:01 am

Changing the user level to advanced worked for me. Is there any reason that the toolbar will not move or is it supposed to be stationary?

Glen Cameron

Post by Glen Cameron » Tue May 23, 2006 10:10 am

No, all toolbars should be able to be moved so they are either floating or docked, as you desire.

Purhaps a reset of the toolbars may be in order to get them working corectly, after the experience level change. You can reset them, if you wish, by running the customize command and resetting the toolbars. Be sure to export any customized toolbars first, so they can be imported again later (if you have any).

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario

casual22

Post by casual22 » Tue May 23, 2006 10:35 am

I reset the toolbars like you said. The entity properties toolbar will not move. All the other toolbars can move. Any other suggestions

Glen Cameron

Post by Glen Cameron » Tue May 23, 2006 11:04 am

To move it, you need to pick on the extreme left end of it, where you can see two vertical lines. If you don't pick it there then it will not move very easily.

Normally it is across the bottom of the screen, right above the command bar. Where is yours?

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.

casual22

Post by casual22 » Tue May 23, 2006 11:14 am

The toolbar is at the top of the screen under the pull down menus. I tried moving it from the extreme left and nothing happens.

Glen Cameron

Post by Glen Cameron » Tue May 23, 2006 11:35 am

There is not much else I can do via this user forum. Please feel free to call me directly to see what we can do. We can connect so I can see your computer from my end.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.

Glen Cameron

Post by Glen Cameron » Tue May 23, 2006 12:27 pm

For those following this thread - we did speak directly and solved the problem by running regedit and delete this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MicroSurvey\MSCAD2005 then when we ran the program again we were able to do what was desired with the toolbars.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.

Alex Leonard

Post by Alex Leonard » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:50 pm

Glen,
my toolbar layout is not as static as I would like. I can set up the tool-bars where I want them (all docked in a particular arrangement - some side-by side). When I exit the program and restart, all of the docked toolbars are on their own lines (no side-by-side), and in no order that conforms to my last saved setting.
Should I do the REGEDIT thing too?

Alex.

Glen Cameron

Post by Glen Cameron » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:23 am

Toolbar Behavior: If you find that some of your toolbars will not be located in the same place you last put them. Here is the work around to this problem:

1. Press the "Restore Down" button once so you can resize your MSCAD program window.
2. Resize the MSCAD window to equal the size of your monitor.
Place your toolbars where you want them.
3. Close the program.
4. The position of the toolbars will always be saved correctly.

After you've done this you can maximize your program again and the toolbars will stop moving around.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.