Multiline text acting strange

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Multiline text acting strange

Postby casual22 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:47 am

I have all of my notes in a mutiline text form. For some reason it doesn't let me move the text from one line to the next by pressing enter. I have tried changing the font and the width and nothing works. Any suggestions?
casual22

Postby Glen Cameron » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:23 am

Is this happening when the text is first being entered into the mtext dialog, or after the text had been placed into the drawing and you are now going back to edit the mtext dialog?

I tried it here and it seems to work for me. Maybe we are doing something different. Can you give me a blow by blow report of exactly what you are doing as you do it? With more details on which command or buttons, etc. that you are pressing, I may be able to help.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby casual22 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:31 am

I am trying to edit existing text in my drawing using the modify text button in the MS Text Edit toolbar. If I have to add some text to a certain note and it runs past my limits that I want it to go I have to press enter to get it to go to the next line and it will not move to the next line.
casual22

Postby Glen Cameron » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:50 am

So you are using the DDEDIT command and then editing the text. You are saying the text can not be moved to a new line in the editor by pressing enter, or if you move it to a new line, by pressing enter, it is not showing this way correctly on screen when the edit is complete?

I have tried it both ways here and it is working fine for me.

What font are you using? I use the default font.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
Glen Cameron

Postby casual22 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:02 am

I just tried making a new multilinetext from scratch and I was able to change it. I guess the mutilinetext that was converted from 2004 to 2005 is having a problem.
casual22

Postby Glen Cameron » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:09 am

We have seen many issues with the old CAD engine used in MSCAD2004 when saving to a DWG - this may be yet another one. MSCAD2005 works quite nicely but some of the MSCAD2004 DWG created files are not as good as they should be.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD