Re-install

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Re-install

Postby dale elsen » Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:38 pm

Re-installation: My old PC finally bit dust; thank you for instructions to install my service pack#2. Am wondering if I need to locate a particular setting to get program to be dynamic/interactive again: changed the x,y on two points by more than just a few feet and the line remains in the same location. Also, added description to a couple of points,then the elev.disappeared,but point cross remained OK. Call me Confused?
dale elsen

Interactive

Postby Glen Cameron » Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:43 pm

Lines will not update unless they are connected to the database. Lines that were drawn by using COGO are normally connected to the database and will update if either of the points at the end of the line are moved. If the line does not update then it may have been simply drawn with the Line command. We do have the ability to ADD/REMOVE lines from the database by going under the MicroSurvey menu -> Database Utilities then pick on the desired function.

If you edit a point in any way - including adding a description, the point will be redrawn on screen using the current labelling defaults. This means if you have changed the labelling defaults for the elevation, it would be updated accordingly on that point. Also if a toggle was turned on or off, that would be reflected on that point. It sounds like the Toggle to Draw Elevations may have been turned off when you completed the edit of that point, but was on earlier when the point was first created.

I hope this helps.

Call me directly if you have other questions or need more clarification on any of the above.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

select pts. for DTM

Postby dalelsen » Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:14 am

Glen - once again, you have provided absolutely clear and complete explanations which solved my novice-related problems re.elev.turned off..
am still very confused about how to creat points for a dtm...before this new install of service pk2, I was able to choose points in a range using graphic editor like 3..10 enter 50..150 enter etc,escape and could read that 107 pts or whatever were added to start a dtm. Now, it may just accepts the first entry 3..10 or maybe the last entry, 50..150 but never accepts all the points,which are not that many.Even when I go to "show", the crosses highlight only a portion of the points I tried to enter. Is there some setting that prevents the routine from accepting my entered points? I tried selecting each pt. one by one,but after many,many attempts have given up on that approach, since the results are similar.For now, I will draw the contours by hand but would like to eventually get back to creating a dtm as with older version. Thank you again.
dalelsen

GE

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:06 am

The Graphic Editor still works the same as it always has. So if you were able to do it before, you should be able to do it now.

One thing to make sure of - when using the graphic editor to select points, to send them to a surface for a tin, the point must be on screen, not just in the database.

You can also use the new Active Drawing Technology dialog to select your points to send them to the surface. Just pick on a point with your crosshair (no command running), and if the Coordinate Editor dialog comes up, pick on the ADT button. When the ADT dialog comes up, you can select your required points in many ways, then add them to your surface.

Check it out - much better than drawing contours by hand!

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD