[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MicroSurvey Software Inc. • View topic - Toolbar woes - again

Toolbar woes - again

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Toolbar woes - again

Postby Alex Leonard » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:18 pm

This is not about toolbars undocking and moving about on the screen (the fix that is described in this forum that re-sizes windows etc. does fix that).

This is about toobars being re-set to default for no apparent reason.
About once every 20 or so start-ups, MSCAD-2005 (newest release and patch) - having exited normally after the last session - will start up with the toolbar layout (and selection) is as it was when the program was first installed ("default" layout).

It's not particularly difficult to go about selecting the other toolbars I need and laying them out again - its just getting to be annoying having to do it repeatedly...
Having done so, everything behaves normally for a few sessions and then... :?

Any ideas anyone?
Alex.
Alex Leonard

Postby Brian Sloman » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:57 am

Have you created any Profiles by chance? There is a known problem with profiles that can cause odd things to happen if profiles are created. If you have, I would recommend editing the registry (if you are uncomfortable with this, please phone us for help!) and delete or rename the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MicroSurvey\MSCAD2005\Profiles. This will erase all profiles, and then when MSCAD is started again it will create a new Default profile.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

Postby Alex Leonard » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:44 am

Brian,
I've not created any profiles. But I'll peek into the registry anyway to see if that key exists and delete if it does...
I'll let you know what happens.
Alex Leonard

Postby Alex Leonard » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:01 pm

Brian,
on second thoughts, am I correct in thinking that the "profile" you are talking about would incude my customized toolbar layout and keyboard shortcuts? If so, then yes, I have created a profile - I just haven't saved any named ones...

here's what I have in the registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MicroSurvey\MSCAD2005\Profiles\Default\Profiles\Default

there are no values set in there, so is this the level that you want me to delete at? or is it the entire tree under:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MicroSurvey\MSCAD2005\Profiles\

What will I loose if I delete at either of these registry levels?
Alex Leonard

Postby Brian Sloman » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:38 pm

The second "Profiles\Default" keys should not be there, and could be the cause of the problems. We exported his custom keyboard shortcuts to a file, by going to Cad Tools > Customize, then exited MSCAD and deleted the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MicroSurvey\MSCAD2005\Profiles and let the program re-create a new Default profile. Then re-imported the file with his keyboard shortcuts.
Brian Sloman
Product Manager

toolbars

Postby Richard Sands » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:12 am

Richard Sands

Postby Brian Sloman » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:29 am

Brian Sloman
Product Manager

TOOLBARS

Postby Richard Sands » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:47 pm

Richard Sands

Return to MicroSurvey CAD