AutoMap and XYZ point connection

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

AutoMap and XYZ point connection

Postby DaveS » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:02 am

I was wondering how you can turn off the XYZ point connection routine.

A while back I hit the wrong button while processing the Automap library so instead of skipping the XYZ connection, it processed 3D connections. The file just happen to have the code YL for Yellow Line. Now a number of jobs later, I can't get the YL code to process through the Automap library. I have tried deleting the code out of the library and rescanning to no avail.

I just want the library to seperate the description, number, elevation and point node onto their specific layers and NOT to connect the points.

I'm using 2005 with SP1.3

thanks
Dave
DaveS

Postby Glen Cameron » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:02 pm

The X,Y and Z letters as the first character in a description are not permitted in normal descriptions.

AutoMAP is set to not look at those characters so will not process them if they are there.

If you skip the XYZ connection method, that is fine and good, the linework will not be drawn. AutoMAP still will not see the first letter of your YL description.

There is no toggle for this to be turned off.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby DaveS » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:07 pm

So is there a reason why the description, elevation, number and point node don't get placed in the layers I have specified?

Or is the Y the problem and it won't look at it at all. Will I need a new description for a yellow line.
DaveS

Postby Glen Cameron » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:18 pm

The description of YL is actully seen and understood as L, being the first character is ignored being it is a Y.

Either setup the description of L in AutoMAP or change the description to something else to have it processed.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD