MSCad randomly deletes the .DWG file it created

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

MSCad randomly deletes the .DWG file it created

Postby hsharples » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:19 am

Why? How do I stop it from doing this?
hsharples

Postby Glen Cameron » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:26 am

It sounds like you may not be running the most current release of the program. When you have the program open, look in the top left corner of the screen. It should say MicroSurvey CAD 2005 SP#1.3 if it is the current release. If it does not say SP#1.3 at all or says an older SP#, then you need to grab all the service patches to being you current.

The patches are available from our web-site at http://www.microsurvey.com/support/mscad/index.php?
Be sure to start with the oldest patch required and do not skip any to become current.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby hsharples » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:53 am

I've been loading the service packs as they become available. Should I reinstall and reload the sp's?
hsharples

Postby Glen Cameron » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:29 am

So I assume then that you do have SP#1.3 installed already.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the service patches won't make any difference - they either are working and the program loads, or they are not working and the program does not load.
Being your program is loading and running, they are loading correctly and running as they should.

The problem has to be something else going on.
When you experience this problem, where do the drawings originate, on your MSCAD program or another program like AutoCAD or an older version of MSCAD? Have you done any combination of commands that are the same in the drawings, that may be the cause? Is there anything trackable in those sessions? Have you exploded any groups? Are there rasters involved? Are there any Xrefs? Are you saving to a local drive, a removeable drive, a CD or a network drive?

We need to get more information to try and solve this issue.

If you have this issue again, look in the MSCAD2005 folder for a file called ms_cb.txt. If you do this before you start another MSCAD session, this file will contain all of the commands that you ran in the previous session. If you have started a new session, this file is erased and starts over with this current session.

If you do get this file, at the right time, please email it to me to examine.
You should also look for the BAK file and rename it to a DWG file so you can recover from your backup.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD