Re-Scale complete drawing

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Re-Scale complete drawing

Postby camland » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:41 am

Hi All,

Some of my dimensions are 2 decimals and some are 3 decimals. I rescaled my drawing and now all my distances are 3 decimals. I know why, but I need to change some of the distances back to 2 decimals.

Is this possible by windowing and using some command.

Chad
camland

Postby Glen Cameron » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:07 am

The Rescale Complete Drawing command affects the entire drawing at the same time, updating everything as it goes, based upon the drawing scale and labeling defaults. There is no way to process only a portion of the drawing except via the Point Update command under the MsPoints menu. This Update Points command will not affect bearings or distances, and is meant to process a range of points to update them only. There is a technical note on this command on this web-site (pick here)

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby camland » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:16 am

Sorry for the delay Glen,

So, there is no way to easily change a group of dims from 3 decimals to 2 decimals.

I have to either change the text manually, or delete it and redo it with the correct decimal defaults

Can I put a request in for a funtion like this? All our drawings deal with 3 decimal places for property lines and 2 decimals for all other dimensions.

Quite often, I will start a drawing at one scale, and then have the client expand the coverage causing me to rescale the drawing to another scale
camland

Postby Glen Cameron » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:36 am

Actually - just thought of something - in the Labeling Defaults, under both Bearings and Distances - there are 5 possible style indexes that can be configured. Each style index can have it's own settings.

Then when you go to label a line with a bearing and/or distance it will use the current style index to control the labels.

You would simply need to setup 1 style index with 3 decimals and a second style index with 2 decimals for the distance. Then prior to labeling the line - set the style index to the correct one required.

You can switch between the style indexes by going to the MsAnnotate menu -> Set Bear/Dist Styles and choose the desired style index.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD