Margins not working

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Margins not working

Postby camland » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:56 am

Hi All,

I know there are no margin settings, but whenever I print on any ANSI size paper, our border gets cut off.

If I send it on the ARCH size (24x36 instead of 22x34) it prints fine and I can trim it down to 22x34 without losing any borders.

Am I missing something? I can send it through ACAD on ANSI and it prints fine.

Chad
camland

Postby Glen Cameron » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:35 am

Have you tried turning the print option on for "Center on Page", on the Advanced tab?

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby camland » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:40 am

Yes, we always use centre on page.
camland

Postby Glen Cameron » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:31 am

MSCAD2005 uses the Windows print driver to do the printing. So if the border on your drawing is being cut off by the driver, and the center on page option is on - then you may need to modify the border slightly to have it fit into the area that the driver is able to use.

AutoCAD may use their own driver and not be constrained in the same way we are by the Windows printer driver.

You should also confirm that you are using the most current printer driver available from your manufacturer, in case they have made any changes or corrections. I would check their web-site for the print driver for your version of Windows for this plotter.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Postby camland » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:39 am

ACAD allows you to create it's own plotter type based on the driver. I know you can manipulate the printable area. If I use the default print driver, it cuts off the borders in ACAD as well.

Thanks anyways
Chad
camland

Return to MicroSurvey CAD