Active Traverse Editor

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

freher

Active Traverse Editor

Post by freher » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:27 am

Is there an easy way to copy and paste individual cells in the Active Traverse Editor. Changing the Description for a large number of side shots for example. I must be missing something but the editor seems to be ackward to use.

Florian Reher

Glen Cameron

Post by Glen Cameron » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:04 am

The Active Traverse Editor is not meant for mass edits such as description changes on a range of points. It is there for single edits to correct for individual shot issues.

If you have a range of points to change the description for, it would be best handled in the Active Coordinate Editor after the traverse has been coordinated.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario

freher

Post by freher » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:18 am

Thanks Glen,

You might want to consider adding it to the wishlist for the next version. Items such as Target Heights are easier to edit before coordiating the traverse. Just finished editing one set up (300 shots) with the wrong target height.

Florian Reher :D

Glen Cameron

Post by Glen Cameron » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:49 am

I will ensure it is on the wish list!

Right now, I would probably go to the original RAW file and make the mass change there and then read the raw file into MSCAD to process it.
That would be a simple search and replace in notepad or Wordpad, which may be easier and quicker.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario

shamus

Post by shamus » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:54 pm

I know once you have recoordinated the traverse you can use active coorinate editor and select the points then right click and change the description.

Richard Sands

ACTIVE EDITOR

Post by Richard Sands » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:06 pm

Glen as in my other post I'd suggest a complete overhaul of AE. It's potential seems too good to be true. I'd like more columns and in Shamus's case ability to copy whole columns and paste then edit eg the description column, keeping originals intact. To me it's a database resource waiting for its full potential to surface.
I'm sure others would benefit from this and with more and more GIS requirements out there, MSCAD would be able to keep abreast of things.
regards Richard

steve

Post by steve » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:52 am

you could also do a shift to your cordinated points just using the required change in elevation.