Active Traverse Editor

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Active Traverse Editor

Postby Bill Tellier » Sun Mar 23, 2003 11:46 am

I use a directional total station, Zeiss S20, so when I load up a traverse/sideshot job in the active traverse editor I see the BS reading which reflects the plate reading of the instrument. The Hz Angle shown for all of the traverse and sideshots is not the horizontal angle it is the plate reading of the instrument, so if I want the true horizontal angle for all of my traverse and sideshots how do I get them without subtracting the BS Plate Reading :?:. Also when I print the active editor file most of the pages are blank with only a couple of pages with the data that I need. On a job printout of 12 pages 8 were blank and 4 had data, a large waste of paper. How can I print out just the data that I need. I have to archive this data for every field project I do for LEGAL documentation, just like writing in a field book.

BT
Bill Tellier

ADT Trav

Postby Glen Cameron » Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:33 am

When recording data in the format you have described, the traverse editor does not display the actual horizontal angle. The only options to get the angle would be using COGO to do a 3 point inverse, or calculate the angle manually.

For the printing problem, rather than simply printing the entire range of pages by picking ALL, tell it specifically which pages you wish to print, one at a time. We are aware of the printing problem and as soon as we have a fix, it will be made available.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD