Rotating Coordinates - Curves left behind

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Rotating Coordinates - Curves left behind

Postby Ron Mak » Wed Mar 26, 2003 5:12 am

I have just rotated all the coordinates in a project using the Rotate Points command from the MS - Coordinate Points Utilities menu and the curves were "highlighted and removed from the Microsurvey database". Sure enough, now the curves are floating out in space! How do I avoid this?
Ron Mak

Rotating Curves

Postby Glen Cameron » Wed Mar 26, 2003 5:51 am

In MSCAD2002, we supplied 3 movies on rotating points and the benifits and drawbacks that each of the methods had. I might suggest that you go back and view them to see which method would be best for your situation.

They can be found under the Help menu -> Movies -> Misc MSCAD Commands #2. This assumes that you have installed the movies to your hard drive. If not then you would need to install them to view them.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Negative rotations <1d

Postby Ron Mak » Wed Mar 26, 2003 7:33 am

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have tried the used the Cad method before and had problems that I only just figured out. When applying a small negative rotation (< 1°) the rotation actualy goes the wrong way if -0d30'30" is entered. I got it to work by using -30'30" instead (i.e., leaving out the degrees).

Also a small note on the movies - when I tried to play the third menu, Microsurvey couldnt find the movie becuase it was looking for play_movie "Rotate_Points_Graphic_Editor_Method.scm when the actual movie name is Rotate_Points_GE_Method.scm (i obviously found it in the movies folder and played from there).
Ron Mak

Thanks!

Postby Glen Cameron » Wed Mar 26, 2003 8:40 am

Thanks for the reminder to rename the movie for the next version.

As you mentioned, when working with angles less than a degree, don't enter in the degree.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD