TIFF IMAGE - message

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

TIFF IMAGE - message

Postby Richard Sands » Wed Apr 02, 2003 3:02 am

I inserted a tiff file and wasn't sure what the following message meant. Maybe its a polite way of telling me 'to something' it cant say in English! Could someone please interpret for me. Ive never come across this before. (SP3 used)

> rladen
TIFF(e:\@mscad2003\rivers\nile\1333_89.tif): 1235268: Bad value for

"ƒÄ¶3À_^][ƒÃ<_->_-©_-·_-ü_-X'-h'-x'-~'-°'-Ë'-æ'-ƒ

regards
Richard Sands
Richard Sands

Error message

Postby Glen Cameron » Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:08 am

OK - that language is a new one on me. Looks like the path may be bad as well. (e:\@mscad2003 the @ key is not normally part of a path or file name. Maybe the TIF file being used is not a valid one or is damaged. There are several different "flavours" of tif files, maybe this one is not one we can use? Althought I have not run into any I could not use as of yet.

Feel free to email me the Tif file so I can test it here.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

TIFF

Postby Richard Sands » Wed Apr 02, 2003 12:57 pm

Sorry Glen, should have said the Tiff loaded OK and saved OK the '@MSCAD' is OK, thats my directory, puts it at the top of the tree. I couldn't open the TIFF in windows, but did in Corel Draw. I was really only curious what the message meant , the TIFF is quite large and I can send it if you would still like to look at it.
regards
Richard
Richard Sands

TIF

Postby Glen Cameron » Wed Apr 02, 2003 1:14 pm

Being the error message is incomplete, or is being displayed in strange characters, and I have not seen it before, I have no real idea as to what hte problem is.

If you do wish to email me the TIF file, then I can attempt to repeat the error and maybe send the file to the manufacturer. This may help give an explaination in the long run.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD