Large Database File

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Large Database File

Postby dmoses » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:52 pm

I have a file that I created by saving another file to a new name. I did this just 5 days ago and have not added too much to the file. The new file has been acting strangely. There has been a couple of times when microsurvey would not let me save the file, and when I tried to open in back up it gave me the "unexpected end of file" error. Another peculiar thing is that the msd file has swelled to 12,931 KB. The file that I saved it from has an msd file size of 4,745 KB. There isn't a significant difference in the amount of line work in the two files. However, the older file with the 4,745 KB msd file, has many more points in it.
dmoses

Postby Glen Cameron » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:30 pm

I would suggest that you go to our Helpdesk and enter in a Ticket. give us the details and send us the file(s) involved, so we can check it out.

In general, the database file size will grow based upon the points, inversed lines, inversed arcs, labels such as bearings, distances, etc. that are contained in it.

If you get a message saying that it can't save (something like Invalid Input) then do a Zoom Extents and save again. If it did not save correctly then the "unexpected end of file" message is common, when trying to reopen it.
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario
Glen Cameron

Return to MicroSurvey CAD