Prpgram Crashes on Opening

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

Prpgram Crashes on Opening

Postby artb » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:58 am

Program Crashes when opening mscad2005

I have this happen on a regular basis. It may be related also to re-opening a file too quickly after closing MS but that is clearly not the only reason.

I have it happen on a regular basis when I attempt to open it ,either for the first time or, when I open it after it has been closed for a considerable time.

Any others having the same problem ??

Artb
artb
artb

Postby fjt_aus » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:22 pm

I had the same problem for ages. I recently did a repair re-install to try and fix another problem and I haven't had a crash since. Give it a try.
(Didn't fix my other problem though...)
fjt_aus

CRASHES

Postby Richard Sands » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:45 pm

I'll back up the other Aussie and say I just reinstalled 2005 after many repeated crashes and it certainly runs a lot sweeter.
Just remember to make copies of your Automap, and any custom Blocks you may placed in the default Block folder, print profiles and also any key asignments you may have created. Palletes are also another thing to remember but theyre easier to recreate.
i unistalled and then deleted all thinsg under the MSCAD folder "C:\Program Files\MicroSurvey\MSCAD2005". I thought I may have trouble with keys again after I also dug around in the regedit command and deleted the 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MicroSurvey'.
I then defrag'd and restarted just for good measure. The program didn't need new keys which was a bonus.
regards Richard
Richard Sands

Return to MicroSurvey CAD