Support contract and 2008 wishlist

Discussion of MicroSurvey CAD related issues and questions.

Moderators: Brian Sloman, Jason Poitras, James Johnston

hwchaffee

Support contract and 2008 wishlist

Post by hwchaffee » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:54 am

Hi Glen,

Thanks for all your recent help. The response time is for all my questions has been excellent. I would urge anyone using Microsurvey products to get a support contract. Your support is the best of any software product of any kind that I have ever used. It is well worth every penny.

If it is not too late I would like to make a few suggestions for MSCAD 2008.

1) A true stonewall linetype.
2) The option to automatically create directional arrows on bearings, when a annotating a line.
3) The option to create "crows feet" on a line, that would indicate the end of a line or the limits of a distance label.
4) Spell checker. If not for the entire drawing, then within the mtext command.

Thanks again,

Harvey Chaffee

Glen Cameron

Post by Glen Cameron » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:31 am

Thank you for the vote of confidence.

As for the wish list ideas - I will ensure that they are entered into the database where we keep track of them, if they are not already there. I can not speak to whether or not these items will make it into MSCAD 2008, as this program is nearing the completion cycle and new items may not make it in, in time. But as long as they are in our wish list database, the programmers will see them and will be able to consider their options.

I know several of these ideas have been mentioned to us before, but with a wish list as long as what we have, it is impossible to get all of the ideas into the next version. So some items get bumped to one of the following versions. Cross your fingers, is all I can say for now.

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario

T.M. Moretz

Suggestions

Post by T.M. Moretz » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:48 am

I have found the bug report link but is there a suggestion box or should suggestions be listed here on the message board?

Glen Cameron

Post by Glen Cameron » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:32 am

Suggestions can be sent to any employee, entered into the bug report (but noted as a suggestion), or entered into this user forum.

I will suggest that we add a suggestion form, similar to the bug form. Thank you for the good idea!

Cheers,
Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
City of North Bay, Ontario